Monday, July 7, 2008

Okay, SERIOUSLY??? My thought at the bottom was, "just stay away from the steepest part on the northside". Oops, here we are right on the edge. I am not exaggerating when I say that this picture does not do this climb justice! We had to intermittently put the poles away and do some actual scrambling. I felt like all 13,000 feet of this mountain's elevation must be rock... not sure where there was any solid ground. Davey was great at finding the "easiest" route as he coached me along. At one point I decided I'd had enough... the only reason I kept going was the hope that if we got to the summit, we'd be able to visualize an actual trail down.

*In case any of you don't know this about me... I'm a complete wuss... I loved the physical challenge we were facing, it was the fear of falling off a rock that freaked me out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: